Applications are invited from suitably qualified First Degree Holders for admission into the Graduate Entry Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB ChB) programme of the University of Cape Coast for the 2019/2020 academic year. The programme is a full-time residential programme and will begin in January 2020.
1. SALES CENTRES
Ghanaian applicants are to buy online application e-vouchers at a cost of Two Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH ¢250.00) at the following sales points:
- All Branches of Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), GCB Bank, Prudential Bank and Zenith Bank (Mode of Payment – CASH)
- Cashier’s Office, University of Cape Coast (Mode of payment – CASH)
- Ghana Post Offices at the Regional Capitals – (Mode of payment – POSTAL ORDER)
- University of Cape Coast – Accra Office, Tesano – Accra (Mode of payment – CASH)
- Kumasi Workers’ College, Kumasi ( style='mso-bidi-font-style:normal'>Mode of payment - CASH)
- I-J Consult, Apostle Dr. Baidoo Avenue (Off Pentecost Convention Centre Road), Millennium City, Kasoa (Mode of payment – CASH)
- All UCC College of Distance Education (CoDE) Study Centres (Mode of payment (GCB Bankers Draft in the name of The Registrar, University of Cape Coast)
International applicants and Ghanaian applicants abroad can make payment with VISA Card and have their PIN and Serial Numbers for the online application sent to their e-mail addresses.
The application fee for international applicants is One Hundred and Fifty US Dollars ($150. 00).
The deadline for the sale of application scratch cards/ e-vouchers is Friday, 30th August, 2019.
2. ONLINE APPLICATIONS
Applicants should visit www.ucc.edu.gh then go to Admissions and click on Apply Now for further instructions. Alternatively, applicants should visit www.uccghanaportal.com and proceed with the application. Please note that the style='mso-bidi-font-style:normal'>Application Type to be selected is Graduate Entry Medicine (GEM).
All applicants are required to provide the following information at the back of the large EMS envelope: (a) application reference number (b) full name (c) postal address.
3. BASIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Degree in a science-related programme with a minimum of a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) obtained from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Pass an entrance examination to be held on Tuesday, 15th October, 2019 and a selection interview to be held on Thursday and Friday, 17th and 18th October, 2019.
- Interested applicants may participate in Preparatory Classes to be organised from Monday, 30th September, 2019 to Friday, 11th October, 2019 at the Amonoo-Kuofi Medical Village to enhance their chances of passing the entrance examination. Such applicants would be required to pay an amount of Seven Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GHS750.00) to cover the classes, examination and a meal daily (lunch) during the classes.
4. FEE-PAYING APPLICANTS
Applicants should note that the programme is strictly fee-paying.
5. SUBMISSION OF COPIES OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS
- Two copies of completed online application forms accompanied by two copies of results slips should be sent by POST and NOT delivered by hand. The copies should reach the Director, Directorate of Academic Affairs (DAA), University of Cape Coast not later than Friday, 13th September, 2019.
- Applicants are to ensure that application forms are posted early enough to be received before the deadline for submission as forms received after the deadline will not be processed.
- No additional documents will be accepted after submission of completed application forms. Applicants are to note that only photocopies of certificates or result slips should accompany completed application forms. Original certificates/result slips of applicants offered admission will be inspected before registration. The documents accompanying the application forms are not returnable.