The Department of Biomedical and Forensic Sciences continues to participate in the teaching of the general biological science courses taken by all biological science students in levels 100 to 300. Our staff teach courses in the Science Education programme. In the biological science curriculum, Level 400 Human Biology courses are offered as a programme option which leads to the award of a B.Sc. (Human Biology) degree. The objective of this programme option is to expose and prepare students in Biomedical Sciences such as Human Anatomy and Physiology, Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Human Genetics, Human Ecology, Clinical Microbiology Parasitology and Virology. The Department also ran M. Phil programme in Parasitology.
* To equip students with the knowledge and skills that will prepare them for careers in health and other relevant areas of the economy.
* To deepen the scientific understanding of Biology in relation to health issues at the local and international levels through teaching, learning and research.
* To create an ideal environment for the training of graduates to become innovative and provide exemplary leadership in medically related fields.
* Candidates must have passes in Core English, Core Mathematics and Core Science.
* In addition to the above, candidates must have obtained aggregate 10 or better in the following three elective subjects: Biology, Chemistry and Physics with grades not lower than D in Biology and one other science subject